I'm strawberry, i'm 15 going on 16, i'm a writer/director wanna be.
i ship things hard! so be warned!
you will find here:
Be sure to leave me an ask!
This day in Beatles History: August 19th
- 1960: The Beatles are hired to perform 2 additional months at the Indra Club.
- 1961: Performance at Aintree Institute Longmoore Lane, Aintree, Liverpool.
- 1963: Appearance on Granada TV’s ‘Scene at 6:30’.
- 1963: Concert at the Gaumont, Bournemouth, with Tommy Quickly, and Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas.
- 1964: A Kansas City impresario offers $350,000 for the Beatles to perform at that city, the largest amount paid to an artist in the USA until then.
- 1964: Beginning of tour of the USA and Canada. Press conference then concert at the Cow Palace, San Fransisco, California. The concert is filmed.
Backstage with Shirley Temple and her daughter Lori:
- 1964: ‘A Hard Day’s Night’ single, 6th week in the Top 10 (UK New Musical Express chart). ‘With The Beatles’, 39th week in the Top 30 (UK New Musical Express chart).
- 1965: 3:30pm and 8:00pm. Concerts at the Sam Houston Coliseum, Houston, Texas. Epstein hurts his back when he is sprung from the emergency exit of an airplane into a service truck in a serious outbreak of Beatlemania at Houston (Texas) Airport.
- 1966: Concert at the Mid-South Coliseum, Memphis, Tennessee. The Ku Klux Klan mounts guard. A firecracker explodes on the stage.
- 1967: Jason Starkey is born, at the Queen’s Charlotte Maternity Hospital, Hammersmith, London.
- 1968: Day booked for a Beatles recording session at Abbey Road but was cancelled because of George’s trip to Greece.
- 1969: Studio 2. 2:00pm-4:00am. Stereo mixing: ‘Ending’ (working title of ‘The End’) (remixes 1-3, from take 7); ‘Golden Slumbers’/’Carry That Weight’ and ‘The End’ (crossfade/edit for master); ‘Something’ (remixes 1-10, from take 39). Recording: ‘Here Comes The Sun’ (overdub onto take 15). Stereo mixing: ‘Here Comes The Sun’ (remix 1, from take 15). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick/Phil McDonald; 2nd Engineer: Alan Parsons. The instrumental jam in the coda of ‘Something’ disappears at last in today’s remixes. Recording of synthesizer for ‘Here Comes The Sun’.
Thursday, August 18, 2011
This day in Beatles History: August 18th
- 1961: Performances at noontime at the Cavern Club in Liverpool and at night at the Aintree Institute in Aintree, Liverpool with Steve Bennett and the Syndicate.
- 1962: First performance of Ringo as Beatles’ drummer. Performance at the Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight, Cheshire. Performance at the Cavern. First photographed line up of the Beatles with Ringo.
- 1963: Concert at the Princess Theater, Torquay.
- 1964: The Beatles and Brian fly to Los Angeles International Airport, holding a press conference. Then from Los Angeles, they arrive in San Fransisco. Beginning of 34-day tour of USA and Canada. On arriving, Brian receives a telegram from Colonel Tom Parker, sending felicitations to the Beatles party on behalf of Elvis Presley. A ticket-tape welcome in San Fransisco had been announced, not materialized.
Press conference in LA:
Arriving in San Fransisco:
- 1965: ‘Help!’ single number 1, 4th and last week (UK New Musical Express chart).
- 1965: Press conference and in the evening, concert at the Atlanta Stadium.
During their flight to Atlanta:
- 1966:Concert at the Suffolk Downs Racetrack, Boston.
- 1967: UK single release: ‘We Love You’, by the Rolling Stones (backing vocals by John and Paul).
- 1967: Brian tells his mother and Peter Brown he will soon travel to the USA and Canada to appear in some TV programs.
- 1969: Studio 2. 2:30-10:30pm. Stereo mixing: ‘Golden Slumbers’/’Carry That Weight’ (remixes 1, 2, from take 17). Recording: ‘Ending’ (working title of ‘The End’) (overdub onto take 7). Stereo mixing: ‘Ending’ (working title of ‘The End’) (remixes 1-6, from take 7). Producer: George Martin; Engineer: Geoff Emerick/Phil McDonald; 2nd Engineer: Alan Parsons. Recording of 4 seconds of piano for ‘The End’.